Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a haier hcm050LA chest freezer. The green light on the

Customer Question
outside of the unit started...
I have a haier hcm050LA chest freezer. The green light on the outside of the unit started flashing irratically. It is in my garage. I checked the outlet and it is fine.
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Appliance
12/24/2008
Appliance Technician: I.can, Home Appliance Technician replied 9 years ago
I.can
I.can, Home Appliance Technician
Hello
Welcome to Just Answer.

This the power light that tells you the
freezer is getting power when you turn it on.
Unplug it for minutes and then see if this resets the system and the green light stays steady!

Thanks for trusting us with your questions
Let me know how it goes!

Please press the "Accept" button if my answer has helped.
This is the only way I get paid for providing my services.
You can still ask me questions after accepting!

Don't forget to leave feedback - bonuses are also welcome and appreciated!!!

100% customer satisfaction is my goal!!!

Thank you for using Just Answer.
Sincerely, Ican
I.can
I.can, Home Appliance Technician
I unplugged for 5 min still flashing

I unplugged for 5 min still flashing

also when i turn the dial to off the light still flashes

Hi, I'm searching my data banks
1
The freezer is still working I can hear the compressor cycling on and off as usual. If it helps I live in MN and its in my garage but has been for 2 years.
Is the freezer getting warm or still working?
And does it sound like the compressor is still cycling off and on as it should!

The flashing light is warning you of fluctuation in temperature.

Garage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was just at an appliance show in december and this was a topic we discussed!
Wait let me dig it out!

Too cold is not good for freezers!

What do you suggest I do I have no room in the house. What does the cold do to it. Can I put cardboard around the sides and front (not the back) to help.

Thank you so much.

Frezers were not ment to operate in such low tempertures. Empty it and turn it off for the winter or you will burn out the compressor.
I think it freezes the oil inside the compressor.
Which is ok if the compressor is not operating.
I.can
I.can
I.can, Home Appliance Technician