Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

We have an Amana gas downdraft self-clean range (AGDS902).

Customer Question
We have an Amana gas...
We have an Amana gas downdraft self-clean range (AGDS902). The problem is that the oven won't heat. It appears that the heating element turns on but no gas comes through. The gas to the burners works just fine, so it's not the supply of gas to the appliance. Also, the problem comes and goes. Any ideas?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
12/19/2008
Appliance Technician: Bryan, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
it sounds like you may have a bad or weak oven igniter. I will look that up and get back to you, thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
this appears to take a standard oven igniter but I need the serial # XXXXX verify , could you get that to me? thanks Bryan

Serial no. XXXXXXXXXX Thanks, John

after further research on your oven I find the ignitier listed but no part # XXXXX looks like a standard igniter but without a part # XXXXX cant tell you where top get one, I spoke to my warehouse and they told me to get the # XXXXX the igniter in your oven to make sure we know which one you need. do you know where the igniter is located and how to remove it.? let me know . thanks Bryan
Bryan--

I'm at work and wouldn't be able to gbet to that until tonight or more likely tomorrow.

Also, I've opened up the bottom part of the oven more than once and the igniter (if it is what I think it is) glows bright orange while the oven is trying to come on. I just throw that out there if it helps your diagnosis any,

glowing bright doesn always mean it works, 90% of the time its the igniter, they open the gas valve when they draw enough amps and its a safety. I believe changing it will remedy your problem. let me know if you can get the # XXXXX the igniter, thansk Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician