Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a kenmore elite washing machine that will not drain.

I have a kenmore elite washing machine that will not drain. I took the pump assy. off and do not see any issues with it. It did "growl" when it was trying to drain, but no water would pump out. A couple of years ago there was a sock in the drain- don't ask me how it got there!- I took it out and it worked fine since. Can I test the drain pump or is it shot and I need a new one?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
can you get me the model # ? thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Model 110.44932200 Serial CSP(NNN) NNN-NNNN
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
well the first thing you need to do is check and make sure the pump is turning . you can do this by making a test plug for it and put it where the two wires go to on the pump. if you have the pump ot this should be easy, look inside while its plugged in and see if its turning.if not replace, if it is you need to find where your drain system is clogged.let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Bryan,

Is this a 110 volt pump? I don't have the pump with me now, but I can check it out when I get back home. I'll accept you're tip when you respond next time

Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
should be , most of these are, is this your pump? Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=do you have a volt meter? let me know Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I have a volt meter and yes, that sure looks like the one I took off. How do I check with a volt meter?
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
well what you need to check is the voltage going to the pump.just put your probes in the plug that goes to the pupm and run machine in drain, check voltage , it should be 110 volts.