Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Good morning, Im in the process of restoring my Frigidaire

Good morning, I'm in the process of restoring my Frigidaire stove model # XXXXX It needs a few lights, some new knobs. But the biggest problem is it has a super fast burner, not sure what to call it, that keeps blowing the fuse to that burner. I'm thinking I neeed to replace the control swith ? Maybe check the ground or redo the wiring to that circuit. Any suggestions as to where I find the knobs ? I,m thinking the lights I can find @ by local Lowes. But the burner is my real issue. If I do rewire the circuit is there a special type of wire for stoves ? Can you tell the amps that burner draws ? Can I purchases a newer control swith for that buner ? Any help will be greatly appreciated.   Carl
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
I'm not sure if this will help, if you click here and see if these parts are like yours, let me know. thanks Bryan. http://www.repairclinic.com/SmartSearch/SmartSearch.aspx
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

thanks Bryan. I guess I need to remove the switch to get a correct match. If I do need to do some wiring is there a special type of wire or is that some thing I can match up at Lowes or Home Depot ? Any suggestion for replacement knobs ?

Carl

Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
boy to tell you the truth these may be hard to find. you can try calling this guy he's real good at finding hard to find parts. http://www.apconline.com/ as far as wirring goes Lowes should have what you need. hope this helps, thanks Bryan