Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

HAVE GE PROFILE ELECTRIC STOVE WITH CERAMIC TOP. FRONT BURNER

Customer Question
DOES NOT HEAT UP. LIGHTS...
HAVE GE PROFILE ELECTRIC STOVE WITH CERAMIC TOP. FRONT BURNER DOES NOT HEAT UP. LIGHTS ON STOVE BACK SHOW BURNER TURNED ON BUT NO HEAT'
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Appliance
12/12/2008
Appliance Technician: Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician replied 9 years ago
Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Hello you have one of two issues. The burner is bad or the switch is bad. If you have a multimeter it will be a simple test check the burner for 240v. If you don't have a meter you can pop the top two screws hold it on. Take the burner off and look at it if its bad then you will see were the metal strip is broke. If the strip in the burner is not broke then the switch is bad!!
THIS IS A CERAMIC STOVE SURFACE . HOW DOES BURNER COME OFF?
Hello there is two screws that hold the top on were the door hits the frame look up on both corners there maybe two more in the middle. What is the model number?
Did you find the screws do you have any more questions if not and i have helped please press accept thanks!!!!
WHEN I OPEN THE OVEN DOOR I SEE A HEX HEAD SCREW IN EACH UPPER CORNER. DO THESE RELEASE STOVE TOP? THE MODEL NUMBER APPEARS TO BE JBRY8WYWW THE STOVE HAD NOT BEEN USED FOR 6 MONTHS THE BURNER IS THE FRONT RIGHT WHICH HAS SWITCH TO GO FROM SMALL TO LARGE.
I can not get the model to pull up. But yes there is two to four screws that hold the top down usually they are in the corners like you are saying. Disconnect power before servicing the unit.
iF I TAKE OUT THE TWO SCREWS AFTER SHUTTING POWER OFF I CAN LIFT UP THE TOP AND SEE THE METAL STRIP YOU MENTIONED FOR THE BURNER IS THIS CORRECT? ALSO IS THERE A WAY TO TEST THE SWITCH?
THE CORRECT MODEL NUMBER IS XXXXX

Yes you will be able to lift the top then you will see that the burner is on a bracket take the burner off the bracket and you will be able to see the metal strip the burner is one solid metal strip if it broke it will be obvious. If you have a meter than yes you can test the switch.

DID THE NEW MODEL NUMBER COME UP THIS TIME?
HOW DOES THE SWITCH COME APART FROM THE STOVE BACK?
No i still could not pull it up these are all accessed the same way though. I don't think something is right with the beginning. remove the back cover and take the knob off you will see two little screws holding the switch on.
Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic