Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My Whirlpool Super Capacity 465 Electric Range (model GR399LXGQ),

displays an error code E1...
My Whirlpool Super Capacity 465 Electric Range (model GR399LXGQ), displays an error code E1 F5 when the the Self-Cleaning process begins. After turning the circuit breaker off/on (15 min lapsed) the range returns to normal and can be used for anything but the self-cleaning cycle. I was informed that this was related to the oven door lock not functioning properly. How can I correct this?
12/9/2008
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
I believe you have a bad door latch/lock assembly. heres what its says in the error codes. this is your door latch motor and switch. Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=more than likely yes this is your problem, you can go to this site and buy new latch assembly for $49.70 click here http://www.repairclinic.com/SmartSearch/SSPartDetail.aspx?PartID=1206477&PPStack=1 hope this helps , thanks Bryan
F5 E116Door latch not operatingCheck that door switch is completely closed. Check latch, solenoid, and actuation switch for electrical or mechanical malfunction.
Answer appears satisfactory, could it be something else?, is this something I can do myself or do I need a qualified technician?
well are you pretty handy? its not really that hard to do. I'll look up some diagrams and see if they will help. I dont believe its anything but the door latch assembly from what yor telling me. I'll get back to you with some diagrams, thanks Bryan
can you tell me if theres a 0,1,or2 after your model # ? thanks Bryan
Hi Bryan, Unfortunatley I am not at home right now. I will check as soon as I return this evening and get back to you. Payment is forthcoming, Thanks
no problem , thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician

Hi Bryan, sorry but I had some issues with my ISP and email today. There is a '2' at the end of the model #.

I am handy to some extent - if this is more difficult than changing a light fixture or carb on a lawn mower - I may need assistance.....Thanks

I'm on the road in a heavy rainstorm, I'll be back in my office in about 45 minutes, I'll get back to you then.
this should be easy to replace take the screws out where the door latch goes through the body ,is there a plate or trim piece there? its hard to tell on the diagrams. heres the diagrams, http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/getS ubComp.pd?modelNumber=GR399LXGQ2&productCategoryId=0124111&brandId=1198&modelName=ELECTRIC-RANGE&diagramPageId=00004&componentDescription=CHASSIS&documentId=O2030340&backToLink=Return%20to%20Sub%20Components%20list this the link for door latch assembly , http://www.repairclinic.com/SmartSearch/SSPartDetail.aspx?PartID=1206477&PPStack=1 , let me know, thanks Bryan

Hi, I removed the top and saw the 2 screws that need to be removed (piece of cake). The diagram helped, thank you. I already ordered the part, I found the tech sheet and there is another assembly on the other end of the rod in the rear, that could be it also.....we'll see......Thanks

thank you , I'm glad to hear you figured it out , Merry Christmas and well wishes for the new year. Bryan
Great Job! It's working perfectly....Thanks a bunch - God Bless!
happy holidays and well wishes in the new year. thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician