Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Why does my washer spin the clothes and they still seem we

Why does my washer spin the clothes and they still seem wet?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
can you tell me model# XXXXX make. thanks Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
if this is a top load whirlpool or kenmore you may need the clutch assembly. let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
GE HD 6 Cycle, Model WBXR1060T5WW Top load
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
most likely on this its the belt or the clutch. probably the belt though. you have to remove the front panel on this to get to the belt. get a flashlight and look along the top between the top nad the front panel and there will be two release clips on on each side about 3 inches in from the sides. take a small screw driver and push these clips up and pull out on the panel ,then lift panel off the bottom clips and put asside then check th belt.let me know , thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
The belt looks new and is tight. There is water in the bottom of the plastic tub, about 2-3 inches. Could there be something blocking the hose or pump? I squeezed the hose and it dosen't feel like there is anything in it.
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
yes there could. do you wash the rugs with the rubber backing on them in this or comforters? if you do you may have some of the backing in your drain system and its restricting the drain.this should be empty when spinning. check your pump for this . pull the hoses off and take the two screws out holding pump and inspect the pump. get towels ready.we have to clean these pumps out all the time. let me know Bryan