Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a maytag washer model no. mav546eww, when I select to

I have a maytag washer model no. mav546eww, when I select to start wash cycle it will start to fill for about 10secs. then stop. I have tried this in both hot and cold temps. same thing. When I selected the spin cycle to drain the water in the tub, it will again start to drain and spin for about 10secs. then stop. Any suggestions. Thanks.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
well the first thing that comes to mind is either the timer is bad or your lid switch is bad. does this fill at all with the lid up or does it stop when you lift the lid? let me know , thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Hi Bryan,

The lid is closed when this happens, I don't think the lid switch is the problem.

Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
I think you have a bad timer, sounds like the timer has a bad contact in it. I'm not comming up with your exact model # XXXXX you check it again. ? thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I'm sorry bryan, I left out the T. The correct model. is MAVT546EWW. I am going to check the timer wires for any loose connections now. thanks.
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
deffinatly check for loose conections before buying this, it has a control board in it and this may be the problem, it list for around $100.00- $120.00 depending where you buy it. let me know Bryan