Robert Marcum
Robert Marcum, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Lowes home improvement / Appliance Service Technician Certification program
13909032

I bricked my samsung omnia i900 while updating rom.

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Robert Marcum replied 8 years ago.
took this from a forum:

"I flashed my omnia with grandprix vista yesterday which crashed it so that it got stock in the the bootload-modus.

I was not able to detect the device with grandprix again, so I could not reinstall the image.

I tried now to download an original firmware from samsung, in my case italian, because I thought I would understand it at least a bit.

But I could not flash it because it was impossible to check "connected to wmdc". Now I used a little software, which can enable the button "Verify device".
You can download it here:
http://rapidshare.de/files/40614640/WinControl.zip.html

Just download wincontrol go into the software-tweaks, tab and drag the magnifier to the "Verify device" button. Now press the Enable button in wincontrol on the left side below testhandle.

Now You can press "Verify device" and you should see some error-message. Just redo this step and it will start flashing your omnia."

if it gets to the point of only the red light coming on (the power LED). It goes back to Samsung

reference: http://www.modaco.com/content-page/273782/maybe-a-solution-to-unbrick-your-omnia/page/40/#entry938893

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

The program, "WinControl", does not work properly......

I cannot drag the magnifier to the "Verify device"...

Can you help me on that?

Thanks

Apparantly if that does not work, your only solution is to send your phone back to samsung. I believe for the tutorial above to work you will need your phone plugged into the computer, as I do not have a i900 i was unable to expiriment.