Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

why wont my whirlpool top loading washing machine fill with

why won't my whirlpool top loading washing machine fill with water?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 years ago.
<p>Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com. I know this may sound pretty basic, but have you verified that the water is turned on to the washer? Also, are you using "Flood Safe" hoses? They will have a small round fitting directly below the hose nozzle. May I please have the model number?</p><p> </p><p>Kelly</p>
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
This is actually my fourth load of the day and it just won't fill with water. Where do I find the model number?
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 years ago.
If you lift the lid it will be on a tag underneath the lid in the opening. Does the washer spin? I suspect the lid switch may be not actuating. Check to see if the screws on the LH lid hinge are tight...
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
It looks like the model number is XXXXX(NNN) NNN-NNNN It is spinning and it doesn't appear to be the lid hinge.
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 years ago.
That is the serial number, but we can try a couple of things. On the temperature selector, try switching the water temps while in fill mode. See what happens and let me know...the model number is XXXXX the serial number.