John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have sub zero refrigerator. The door seal is loose ie that

Customer Question

I have sub zero refrigerator. The door seal is loose ie that it opens easily without usual hard pulling. What needs to be done?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 8 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

please send the model # XXXXX I can look at the fridge
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
550
Expert:  John replied 8 years ago.
Hi. what happens is the magnet, in the gasket wear out .so It wont hold as It did. Try lifting the front a bit ,to give it more weight. Try that If It works great, If not replace the gasket. Please accept I am here to help you The appliance doc
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

That makes sense.

Can you tell me how to raise the front ? If it is simple I can do it my self or I will call a repair service. Thank you

Expert:  John replied 8 years ago.
HI theres legs on each corner or rollers If its rollers theres a bolt you can turn to adjust Adjust It so that If you leave the door open And let the door go. It will close by Itself. If I helped you Please accept I am here to help you The appliance doc
Expert:  John replied 8 years ago.
have a great day