John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My GE Spacemaker washer is leaking water from the bottom.

Customer Question

My GE Spacemaker washer is leaking water from the bottom. I poured 2 cups of water into it and it just ran out, Any Ideas?? Thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 8 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

please send model #
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
When I do a wash water comes out the bottom. So to see if I had a hole in the drum i poured 2 cups of water into the washer to see what would happen. The water came out the bottom I did not turn on the washer it was standing still. I dont know if this is the information you at looking for. The machine runs fine other then the leak which has got worst over the course of a couple of weeks.
Expert:  John replied 8 years ago.

please send make & model #
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
My GE washer is leaking water from the bottom. When I am doing a wash or if the machine is not in use and I pour water into it. Other then that the machine runs fine. I dont know what other informations you are looking for. Could you ask me some questions you have. Thanks
Expert:  John replied 8 years ago.
HI. I would like to see the washer. so I can help you repair it Thats why I need the model #
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I think this is the model # XXXXX if not I will look again. Type DT/T-ElE-2406021-FM30
Expert:  John replied 8 years ago.

http://www.applianceaid.com/procedures.html#pump

here Is a a way of doing the job Look for a leak. PLease accept The appliance doc

Expert:  John replied 8 years ago.
Have a great day