Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My dryer wont start..tried all the obvious.

Customer Question
My dryer won't start..tried all...
My dryer won't start..tried all the obvious.
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Appliance
11/17/2008
Appliance Technician: Bernard S., HD TV, Large Appliance Sales replied 9 years ago
Bernard S.
Bernard S., HD TV, Large Appliance Sales

HiCustomer

Thank you for using Just Answer.

These are generally the first steps -

Check voltage at outlet for 240 volts (or 120 volts on gas dryer) with a multi-meter.

Check voltage at the hookup block for 240 volts (or 120 volts on gas dryer) with a multi meter.

Check door switch to see if it clicks and appears good.

Check door switch with multi-meter for continuitly to see if the switch will open and close the circuit.

Check vent hose to see if it is clogged. If it is, then you likely have blown the thermal fuse and will need to replace it.

Please let me know what you have found and please give a bit more detail so that we go further to troubleshoot this.

Please post the model number so that we can give specfics. It will be on a sticker on the cabinet behind the door in the crevice.

Please post back here for follow up. I am leaving for work and I will check back here later this morning.

bernie

Bernard S.
MED9700SQ0....MU2918783
Don't own a multimeter, checking the hose now.
It's working now...checked all wire connections and tightened the ones on the wall. Don't know what made it start again but I'll take it!

HiCustomer

Great work! Sometimes, that's all that is needed.

Thank you for the "accept".

If it comes back, please post to this question and we'll follow up.

bernie

Bernard S.
Bernard S.