master appliance tech
master appliance tech, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  6 years+ in home service own and operate my own in home appliance repair company
13501207

my smeg oven appears to be leaking water from the bottom front

Customer Question

my smeg oven appears to be leaking water from the bottom front when I cook. any idea why and how to stop it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  master appliance tech replied 8 years ago.
what is a semg any model#? ovens do not have water in them nor a door seal to keep water in try running it on a hot temp for a wile that should dry it up
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for the reply. I understand that there is no water in an oven but this is the 3rd or 4th time that it has happened during cooking. The last time it happened I had a look to see where it was coming from. It was coming out of the very bottom compartment but seemed to be originating from the top and dripping down. Most bizarre. Would it be steam do you think?
very possible that what your cooking could be steaming up the oven does not have a door a waterproof door seal just an insulation one to help hep heat in
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

That sounds more likely. So should I get a seal for it? If so, are these easy to get hold of and fit?

there is no moisture seal the door seal can be replaced there pretty EZ to install but some times they can be harder good luck