Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My Maytag Neptun TL, Model FAV6800AWW is not draining. (message

Customer Question

My Maytag Neptun TL, Model FAV6800AWW is not draining. (message nd however a small amount of water is going through the hoose). I would need its diagram to understand how to dismount the frame to reach the bottom of the hoose and see first if it is plugged.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
click here for all the diagrams for your machine http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/getModel!retrieve.pd?pop=true&modelNumber=FAV6800AWW&pop=flush you have to take a flat screw driver and about two inches in from side you will see clips that hold top down , push them in and lift top then remove screws to take front panel off, from theryou will see pump, hope this helps , thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Thanks Bryan, for the anwer. I am not sure to understand how to open the cabinet

When you talk about clips two inches in from side, are they at the front panel or back panel? Are they at the top or at the bottom of the panel?

Is it possible to get your phone number for easiest understanding?

Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
they are on the front ,sorry, where the top hits the cabinet or the front panel, they are located near parts #15 on the diagram. let me know if you find them, use a flshlight to see if needed, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Ok Bryan I could open he top and will take front panel off.

Now, I have a nd (no drain) error message. However there is some water going out through the hoose. That's why I think it could be a plugged hoose or something plugged in the exit water circuit. What do you think ?

Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
you may have something like a penny or lint ball in the hose or pump ,do you wash comforters in this or rugs with rubber backing or pillows ? sometimes the lose some filling and clog it up. let me know Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I will check the two hoses: one going from cuve to pump and one from pump to exit. May be willl try to open the pump to see if something inside, but access is not easy. Is ther another way to access pump ?
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
not unless this machine has a back panel you can remove, I know these are a pain to work on and be careful theres allot of sharp edges you can get cut on,
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
No back panel, so will take care. Thanks Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
no problem, you may want to make sure the pump isnt stripped while your looking at it,Thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Everything is solved now, thanks to you

The hose exiting from the pump was completly plugged, and the pump itself was full of trash. I could remove everything, clean it all and make a wash with cloride to clean the washer. Thanks again for your help in finding the right way to open the washer, I would have never found it by myself !!

Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
thats great I had a feeling that was your problem, well wishes and please press accept so they will pay me for my time, feedback is appreciated, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Bryan I accepted your answer. Good luck.
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
thanks and happy holidays. Bryan