Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

How do I install a dryer blower wheel on my kenmore/whirlpool

Customer Question
electric dryer?...
How do I install a dryer blower wheel on my kenmore/whirlpool electric dryer?
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/13/2008
Appliance Technician: Bryan, Home Appliance Technician replied 9 years ago
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
can you get me model # ? thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician

Bryan,

The model number is XXXXX We have the part, but cannot figure out how to get the old one off & we have taken the entire dryer apart. Feel free to e-mail or call me with your help.

Thank you for your time,

Tracie Miller

this is your blower and the way you replace this is to remove the back panel and the blower housing cover and the take the front off machine and drum out and hold the motor pully with vice grips againts the side of machine and on the other side of motor you need to put a wrench on the blower and then turn it to remove, sometimes these dont come off easy and you may have to break it off with hammer and screwdriver to remove, I've seen this more than once. let me know how you do thanks Bryan
I appreciate all your help, but by any chance do you have any pictures, or diagrams to show where to put the vice grips and where to put the wrench on the blower. I have been working on this off and on all day and my brain is a little fried? Thanks,
I'm sorry was out last night, you have to put the wrench on the square plastic part of the blower near the back of the motor.this is a picture of back side of the blower you put your wrench on this part of the blower. Part 686172hope this helps you get it done, thanks Bryan

Ours does not look anything like this. Our dryer is a Kenmore, model # XXXXX The blower we bought is exactly like the one on our dryer now. The back of our has a round opening & is flush to where you cannot get a grip on it.

Thanks,

Tracie Miller

this is the view from the back where you took blower cover off. is this what yours looks like Part 686172if it does then the part you have to put a wrench on is between the motor and the back wall of the dryer just below the wheel drum rides on. sometimes its hard to see because of felt push felt around the shaft out of the way and you will see how to put wrench, its very tight quarters to get wrench into. let me know , Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician