Ask Accurate Appliance Service Your Own Q...
Accurate Appliance Service
Accurate Appliance Service, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  5 Years in business, Authorized Service Company for 3 manufacturers, NATE Cert. for HVAC
12391992

will pouring hot grease down a garbage disposal cause it to

Customer Question

will pouring hot grease down a garbage disposal cause it to completely break down?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Accurate Appliance Service replied 8 years ago.
It shouldn't but it could and probably will cause a clog further down the drain pipe and should be avoided for that reason. Can you manually spin the disposer? What brand is it?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
thanks you helped me win an argument with my stupid roommate
Yes, anyone who repeatedly dumps hot grease down a drain is just asking for trouble. Those who ask for this type of trouble are stupid.