The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances
3079445

Washer Maytag Neptune MAH5500AWW does not spin. I replaced

Customer Question

Washer Maytag Neptune MAH5500AWW does not spin. I replaced the belt. It rotates but does not spin. What is wrong? What to do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 8 years ago.

HiCustomer

There are actually a few things that will cause this problem. Trying to type out every test for you to try is not practical. What I can do is upload the service manual for your retrival and then with it in hand and a few basic tools you can run the diagnostics yourself. Even if you can not do these tests you can save a bunch of money and hire a good handyperson at half the cost of a service tech.

Please click here for the file. If you get stuck please let me know.

You may ask all the questions you need to as long as it pertains to this subject.

Clicking on the accept button will not end your question session. What it does do is transfer the funds to me for answering your question.

You must click on "I accept this answer" for this to happen.

You may continue to ask questions until your problem is solved or you are satisfied with the results of our communications.

Thank you for using justanswer.com.

Best regards, XXXXX XXXXX Smithy

Please be sure to leave positive feedback after you accept. This is very important to us.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

OK I'll read the manual and try.

Thanks,

Your welcome.

If you have any questions about the manual please post them here.

Thank you for accepting.

Best regards, XXXXX XXXXX Smithy