Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Type your Amana question here My Amama refrigerator has developed

Customer Question

Type your Amana question here My Amama refrigerator has developed a popping sound on the bottom right side. Sound is getting louder.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
is this noise in teh rear of ref. outside where compressor is? is the ref. running properly? let me know Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
The pop seem to come from the side. It seems to run ok but the door also does not close tight.
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
do you have a model # XXXXX this? how old is it? well this could be in the sealed system problem .the freon goes through a dryer in this which converts the freon liquid into fine mist and sometimes this will make a poping sound if theres a problem. you would need a tech to look at this and possibly run nitrogen though system to clear it and then recharge it. this can be expensive, the only other thing i can think of that makes a sound like this is the defrost system when it defrosts the water hits the heater and sometimes sounds like popping, but this would be inside the freezer section.