The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances
3079445

I removed the control unit from my dishwasher (model # XXXXX)

Customer Question

I removed the control unit from my dishwasher (model # XXXXX) because it was burnt. I received the new part but failed to mark the wiring harness when I removed the old control unit and now I don't know the proper way to connect the new part.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 8 years ago.

Hi Customer;

I have a trouble shooting guide with schematics. Will this help you get the problem solved? You may have to trace wires to see what they go to, but its a start.

Please click here for the guide.

Let me know if you have any problems.

You may ask all the questions you need to as long as it pertains to this subject.

You may continue to ask questions until your problem is solved or you are satisfied with the results of our communications.

Thank you for using justanswer.com.

Best regards, XXXXX XXXXX Smithy

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Does this trouble shooting guide show the wiring harness or just the individual wires? Does it show how the wiring harness connects into the control unit?

It gives an over all view of the wiring connections. It isnt going to tell you to put the green and red stripped wire at connection 17. But it will show you the wire group position for the water inlet solinoid package.

Thank you for using justanswer.com.

Best regards, XXXXX XXXXX Smithy

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I'm not sure this will help me make the connections from the wiring harness to the control unit. Does it show the correct position on the control unit for each connection?

http://rapidshare.com/files/159743936/Bosch_SHU_SHV_SHI_troubleshooting_guide_.pdf

Down load it and see for yourself. Cool

The wires should be in plastic connectors. They will only go on the board one way.

Thank you for using justanswer.com.

Best regards, XXXXX XXXXX Smithy