Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have an smaller size GE fridge/freezer(I rent - age unknown).

The past 6 months, it...
I have an smaller size GE fridge/freezer(I rent - age unknown). The past 6 months, it intermittently will make a funny noise (sort of 1/2 like a belt squealing and a 1/2 motor stalling) for about 15-20 seconds just before the fan for the refrigerator (not the freezer) kicks in - It does not happen every time and if I press the ceiling of the fridge where the noise is most prominent while it is happening, it will stop and the fan will kick in.
11/1/2008
Tom Goellner, Home Appliance Technician
It is not uncommon for these small freezer fan motors to mke these squealing noises - replace this motor . gtive me the model and I'll look it up for you
Tom Goellner, Home Appliance Technician
the model number is XXXXX
Hello? did you get my reply to your request for the model number for the fridge? If not, it is GE fridge model #VL12JYKRW-3.
I would like to pay you Tom. You said you would look up kind of fan motor I need from the model number... This is my first time on this site... I am worried if accept at this point, I will lose the connection and will not get your reply... I'll try again - hopefully you get this info... it is a GE fridge model #VL12JYKRW-3 Thanks
It would appear that you are now offline Mr. Goellner and you have not recieved my reply to your question of the model number.. I thank you for your answer, and will accept it. Would you please follow up with the information you offered to look up for me: the type of fan motor I need for a GE fridge model #VL12JYKRW-3. My email [email protected]
I could not find any GE fridges that start with VL all though the rest of that model number looks correct ( normally start with the letter T or G ) Easiest way to get correct motor is to take it out and go to a local appliance parts store and let them give you the correct part as there are after market motors that will also work
Thank-you
Tom Goellner, Home Appliance Technician