Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a GE refrgerator not sure what is the model, however

Customer Question

I have a GE refrgerator not sure what is the model, however theese are some of the #s that were found on the rear/
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
what is the trouble with ref.? if you look inside the ref. section there should be a silver or white tag on one of the sides or on ceiling, is this a side by side? let me know, Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Model MGSS22JEREWW

SN: AL234184

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

iCE HAS ACCUMULATED ON THE BACK INSIDE AREA AND FOOD STUFF HAS BEEN DEFROST

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

No sure if you're getting my complaint

Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.

Hi this is bryan, i just recieved your info . let me check your model # XXXXX get back to you,, is this a side by side maytag ref.? you deffinetly have a defrost problen and need to take the freezer food out and remove back panel in freezer and take a hair dryer to defrost all the ice off the coils behind panel when this is done plug ref. back in and let it run, in the meantime I will sif i can find your model, thanks, Bryan

Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.

I'm sorry you said this was a g.e. ref. more than likely you have a bad defrost heater g.e. has redisigned the old single heater with a double heater because these all fail. the good news is you can repair this yourself with little trouble, heres the part # XXXXX need. wr51x10101 you can order this and install it later when you recieve the part,if you defrost freezer like i said it will run for about three weeks before it freezes up again, plenty of time to get and replace heater, click this link to see and order heater http://www.repairclinic.com/SmartSearch/SmartSearch.aspx the heater is located at the bottom of the coils and has 2 screws holding it in.if you have any other questions please ask. thanks Bryan