Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Is the stainless steel casing of the Whirlpool AMW 535 treated

Customer Question
to resist fingerprints? Is it...
Is the stainless steel casing of the Whirlpool AMW 535 treated to resist fingerprints? Is it possible to stop the rotation, or override it in some way when using casseroles that are too large to rotate?
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Appliance
11/2/2008
Appliance Technician: The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician replied 9 years ago
The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician

Hi Customer;

Well there really isnt a "treatment" for fingerprints. What they do is apply a brushed finish on a chromed surface and the lines in the pattern dont show the finger prints like they would on a polished surface.

As for the rotation it can not be disabled. It is actually a safety feature and should never be circumvented.

You may ask all the questions you need to as long as it pertains to this subject.

Clicking on the accept button will not end your question session. What it does do is transfer the funds to me for answering your question.

You must click on "I accept this answer" for this to happen.

You may continue to ask questions until your problem is solved or you are satisfied with the results of our communications.

Thank you for using justanswer.com.

Best regards, XXXXX XXXXX Smithy

Hello Home Smithy - AEG advertises a stainless steel they claim to have treated so that it won't show fingerprints. Do you know if this Whirlpool appliance has been treated? Also, I own a 4 year old Whirlpool microwave that has a button to disengage the rotation plate in case I have, for example, an oval dish -- say for cooking a whole fish -- that is too large to rotate. Will the Whirlpool AMW 535 let me do that? Thanks - Susan

The finger print coating you are refering to is actually nothing more than a clear epoxy resin that has a satin finish to it. It is used on most all shiny chrome kitchen surfaces these days. The manufacturers have been using this for better than 12 ears now. Even the automotive industry uses it for chrome auto body parts.

I looked at the useer guide for your unit and it does not mention anything about a button to disable the rotating plate. Additionaly the plate is not recessed therefore it must be used.

Ine other thing about this unit is that it is not supported by the manufacturer any more. That meand no replacement parts will be available after existing stock is depleated.

Thank you for the accept.

Best regards, XXXXX XXXXX Smithy

Thank you so much. I will NOT be buying that model. You most likely saved my husband and me from future irritation with an expensive microwave that can't be repaired. Best of everything. sss

Your welcome. Thank you for the accept.

Best regards, XXXXX XXXXX Smithy