Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

How do I remove the main top of the jenn-air 9750bab range

? I've removed the four...
How do I remove the main top of the jenn-air 9750bab range ? I've removed the four screws from each of the cartridge bays, but cannot get it to release. Thanks!
10/31/2008
John, Home Appliance Technician
hi. thanks for your question. you want to replace the top, yourself. let me try to get the info. hold on.
actually, I need to replace the control unit, but I have to remove the top to get to it, I think.
hi. oh no sir. look at the back , does the back come.off the whole back.let me know thanks.
It's built in, so I can't get to the back without damabing cabinet work. Is that the only option?
built in. thats not a big problem. do you know how to pull the oven out, of the wall.
no, unfortunately.
is this a built in oven in the wall ,no top
No, it is a range, built into an island unit.
oh, now i got you. is it in there that tight, wow, you may not be able to pull it out can you get your fingers behind the console.
Possibly. I guess the question is whether for this model I have to get to the back to get the top off. It's no attatched on the front, and there is no signs of screws holding it in from the back. Is there somewhere I could find an exploded diagram other than the parts diagrams? They don't show how it attaches.
There is no console, by the way. Just a flat coo surface
here is the site that i went to. where is the control unit located on the stove http://www.pcappliancerepair.com/newfindform.php
Alan
Alan, Home Appliance Technician

Here is the instructions out of the service manual for your model.

Maintop Assembly Removal1. Remove power from unit.

2. Remove range from installation position, see

"Removing and Replacing Range" procedure.

3. Remove air grill, filter, grill grates, aeration pan and

cartridges (select models).

4. Remove screws from plenum area at front of opening.

5. Open oven door and remove screws securing

maintop to oven chassis, located on the bottom of

control panel and along the outside edges of the

maintop.

6. Remove cartridge receptacles and grill pans (select

models).

7. Label and disconnect wiring to elements (select

models).

8. Remove screws securing element mounting brackets

to maintop assembly (select models).

9. Gently remove elements from mounting brackets to

prevent damage to glass top (select models).

10.Reverse procedure to reinstall maintop assembly.

Alan
Alan, Home Appliance Technician
Alan
Alan
Alan, Home Appliance Technician