Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Neptune washer Model MAH5500BLED purhased in 2001.

I have a Neptune washer Model MAH5500BLED purhased in 2001. It is not extracting water in the final spin cycle and "np" code appears on the digital display. I have not unplugged or replugged it. It appears to extract and spin on wash and rinse cycles earlier in the processes. An approximate cost to repair would assist me in deciding to fix or replace. The machines history of repair - 2003 new pump; 2006 motor conversion kit; 7/2007 motor impeller (under warranty). Please advise.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
the neptune washers have a tech sheet inside usually in the bottom right corner of machine if you take the front panel off, this will give you diagnostic code and tells you how to put machine into test mode.take the screws off door and on the other side of door and pull the panel forward from top to remove, let me know if you find this thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
The code was NF not NP. I typed it wrong. I'll check the right corner of machine as you tell me to in seeing what the code means.
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
looking at my neptune service manual its says nf means no fill.it says check for kinked hoses and make sure water faucets are on. you may have a bad fill valve. let me know if you find tech sheet, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Bryan- we have removed front panel and there is no tech sheet inside. Advise.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I cannot find any owners manual either for this appliance.
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
ok give me a while I'm with my grandchildren until around5pm and will walk you through diagnoses procedure. thanks Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
get back to me in the morning if you want me to tell you how to put machine in diagnoses mode, or I will be up for another hour or so, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Bryan- Im home now and want to run a diagnostics test? Can you instruct me?
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
yes, press delicates and heavy soil keys at the same time for 3 seconds places the machine in the service mode. the display will read"00".
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Can I do this process with front off?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
We have done that and display reads 00. Now what?
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
now we have to go through the tests for this press thepresoak key, "d" will be displayed and the presoak "led" will illuminate,the diagnostic codes can be viewed by using the arrow keys, the down arrow will go down the list.write these down as you go down the list. let me know the codes
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
03 18 17 01 03 was displayed a few times
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
ok you have a continuos fill of 12 minutes. what this means is your water is taking to long to fill machine , there are a number of things to check. 1 clogged inlet screens. 2 water availability 3 loose wire connections 4 pressure switch contacts or 5 defetive control board, check for clogged screens in your hoses, and water pressure, if these machines take to long to fill this will cause nf code. hope this helps thats all it says to do. thanks Bryan, p.s. to get it out of test mode just unplug for a minute.