How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Bryan Your Own Question
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 12156
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Bryan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have an old Maytag washer Model A407S that leaks out of the

This answer was rated:

I have an old Maytag washer Model A407S that leaks out of the side on the bottom. It is a slow leak. Any ideas on the cause?
more than likely your getting rust where the tub screws go throughj the side of outer tub,there should be two screws on the bottom of front panel to remove panel. remove these and pull front cover out at the bottom and you can get a good look at the tub , that should show you where your leak is, hope this helps. Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

The tub was accessed. I discovered the supply line (next to the tub) inside with a connecting T is where the leak is. It looks difficult to reach. Any ideas?

I know excatly how to get to it. you have the front panel off right? in the very front under the top you will see two 7/16 screws that hold the top down. take these out and the bleach hose off left side of top and lift top up. is this the piece thats leaking? Part 734257let me know Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Hi Bryan:


No that is not the part. I was mistaken it was not a T, it is a connecting plastic piece with a hose in the inside. This connects 2 hoses from the supply line to the tub. Is this a piece that can be found on a Sunday to be replaced?

ok heres the parts to the injector which is whats leaking, thats what i thought it was until you said T so i looked up wrong part. but you still get at this the same way anyway. click here for all the parts for this you should only havbe to replace this Part 444984and this Part 3259 to repair it. thanks Bryan
Bryan and 3 other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Do you know if these parts can be found at a hardware store, Home Depot or Lowe's?

I doubt it but you can order them on line or if you have an appliance parts store in your area there not expensive. you can however take this piece out, and put a staight pisce of plastic hose connector in its place . that you can get at lowes. just bring it with you and get the same size connector and two little hose clamps.hope this helps BryanPart 1529