How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Bryan Your Own Question
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 12156
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Bryan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I Have a Kirkland (Costco) Signature Model ST14CKXKQ04 refrigirator.

This answer was rated:

I Have a Kirkland (Costco) Signature Model ST14CKXKQ04 refrigirator. Water is leaking from freezer area through the left vent on top of the lower compartment. Unit works fine. I belive it is a plugged drain system. How do I get to it? Is it inside or on the back of th unit?
most of the time its behind the panel inside freezer section, if you remove the panel there will most likely be a sheet of ice under the coils , take a hair dryer and melt the ice until it drains freely, please dont use a knife or screwdriver to remove ice, if you slip you could punch a hole in coil and ruin ref. you can however use hot water to melt its a little faster but you need lots of towels. hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Once I melt the ice do I have is there anything else to do to ensure drain is clean?
well I use a piece of plastic house like the one that goes to ice maker on a ref,. to snake it down and make sure its clear. this hose is stiff but flexable and usually does the trick.yuo can get a piece of this hose at lowes cheap if you dont have any. Bryan
Bryan and other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you