Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Dishwasher PDW7880JSS -No water at start- I replaced water

Dishwasher PDW7880JSS -No water at start- I replaced water inlet valve. Still nowater. The unit appears to not rest.
you may have a bad float switch, I'll look up your model after dinner and get back to you. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 9 years ago.

Hi Bryan, The unit appears to be hung up in water exit mode. When I hit the start

button I can hear the exit pump motor run for about 90 seconds and the heater

seams to be on. I hit restart again and this cycle repeats. I will check the float switch

now, that could be the problem.

ok i'm finally home , lets get to work. I'll check model # XXXXX be right back. Bryan
well thsi amchine is a nightmare to work on to begin with.. with that said do you have a volt meter and know how to ues it? let me know Bryan
Customer: replied 9 years ago.

Hi Bryan, You diagnosed the problem quickly. Yes it was the float switch. I cleaned

out the crud build up in the float area and the dishwasher is back and fully operational.

Thank You, Customer/p>

i'm glad thats all it was , sorry for delay in reply was real busy today,please press accept if your happy with the answer, and thanks in advance, Bryan