Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My frigidaire gas stove oven will not turn on. Everything

Customer Question
My frigidaire gas stove oven...
My frigidaire gas stove oven will not turn on. Everything works, bake button beeps, but I cannot set the oven temperature with the up and down arrows. Nothing illuminates on the panel in terms of temperature reading. Gas burners on top are all functional.
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Appliance
10/13/2008
Appliance Technician: Bob Schauer, Home Appliance Technician replied 9 years ago
Bob Schauer
Bob Schauer, Home Appliance Technician
HelloCustomer My name isXXXXX you see the oven ignitor? It could be a glow coil ignitor or a standing flame pilot light. I would be located under the floor panel of the oven at the rear of the burner. After removing the floor panel try turning the oven on and see if you get any response from the ignitor. I am pretty sure you have a glow coil ignitor. Please locate the manufacturer's name plate and get the model number for me. Bob

Bob,

I fiddled some more and got the oven to turn on. However seems that the display panel is broken since I cannot see any temperature readings, I can only see the time digits and half of the oven "ON" indicator. But the oven did turn on.

It would appear then that you will have to replace that display, especially if the control circuits are integrated in that circuit. I hope that this has been helpful and if you feel it has then please leave positive feedback. Thank you for using Just Answer. Bob
Bob Schauer
Bob Schauer, Home Appliance Technician
Bob Schauer
Bob Schauer
Bob Schauer, Home Appliance Technician