How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Bryan Your Own Question
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 12156
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Bryan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Our Kenmore refer model 61182100 leaks water from the freezer

This answer was rated:

Our Kenmore refer model 61182100 leaks water from the freezer unit into the refer unit below. In other refrigerators we have this condensation runs into an evaporator pan underneath the unit. Where is the condensation in this model supposed to go?...and why isn't it?
you most likely have a clogged drian in freezer section remove back panel in freezer section and under the coils there is in the middle a drain hole more than likely this is iced up pour hot water on it till it drains freely . get plety of towels ready and sopp it up and keep doing this till it drains, you model # XXXXX XXXXX and doesnt come up in database can you chek this also there should be 3 #s like 110 or 106 or something like that, thanks Bryan
Bryan and 2 other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.



We are using this refer more during the summer and the problem has cropped up again. I did not do anything after your last response because there wasn't much of a problem through the fall and winter. The model number does have a 106 preceding

61182100. Could you check the parts diagram and let me know where the drain tube is? Last year before I first contacted you I took all that apart because the openings into the refer were frozen over, and did not see the drain tube or any way the water could drain...





okay John, you really can't see the drain hole in any of the diagrams, they really don't show it, but I can tell you that if you remove the back panel and the bottom plate in the freezer you will see the coils(silver) behind the panel, in the very center of those coils underneath there is a drain hole, it may be covered with a sheet of ice or it may not be, what you need to do is boil some really hot water and pour it under the coils and when the water starts to cool off sop it up with a towel and pour more hot water until the water drains down the drain hole freely, you will know this when the water starts to go down, the diagrams don't show anything that I can point to as the drain hole, sorry but there is one in it's in the center under the coils, once the water starts to flow down through the hole your all set, hope this helps, thanks, Bryan
Bryan and 2 other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you