How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Bryan Your Own Question
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 12156
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Bryan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have an Admiral fridge/freezer for domestic use. In the freezer

This answer was rated:

I have an Admiral fridge/freezer for domestic use. In the freezer section, a small amount of water is escaping from the area just behind and above the botton shelf. The water freezes as it runs down the back and along the floor of the freezer. Can I sort the problem myself or do I need to call in an engineer. If the latter I live in NE Hampshire; can you recommend anyone. Thanks.
yes. you have a clogged defrost drain. can you get me model # XXXXX I can look at diagrams?. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Thank you Bryan. Is Refrigerant 134A the model number? If that doesn't make sense, I'll look again but there is nothing on the front of the doors and I got that from the back of the appliance. Regards, Nick

well Nick we can try without it, ok in the freezer section remove all food and shelfs till you can get at back panel and remove that. then down the bottom under evaporator coils see if its frozen, thats where your drain hole is located . if it is take real hot water and pour down on ice till it all thaws and the water drains freely, that should take care of leaking, p.s. I'm from new england, hope this helps Bryan
Bryan and 3 other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you