Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

my washing machine will not go into the spin cycle.

Answered in 1 minute by:
10/2/2008
Edward
Edward, Home Appliance Technician

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Do the other functions of the washer work?

What is the make and model number of the washer?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

model no. WCVH6260FWW

The other functions seem to be working. When the spin cycle comes up the drum will rock a few times and the door lock function will operate. Then the pause light comes on. If the pause button is pushed the drum rocks again and stops. the washer makes a slight humming noise.

I have opted out of this question since I have no information on this model in my database. By opting out this prompts other experts to reply if they have the answer for you. Hopefully another expert will respond soon.

Regards,

Edward
None of the functions seem to be working. Water comes in, but the pump seems to be humming as well. The door lock function is on and the only way to stop the humming is unplug the washer. When repluged the door lock comes on again.
does anyone know what to do? Should I just call a service?
Since nobody has answered, perhaps you should refund my deposit back to Paypal.
Tom Goellner, Home Appliance Technician

Hello hoagies,

We need to get washer into diagnostics mode . To do this - press the power button to to clear any current cycles 9 the display must be BLANK to proceed) unplug machine for 30 seconds . Reconnect plug and within 30 seconds - press signal button, press delay start button, press signal button again, press delay start button again. The door will lock and will display t01 You are now in diagnostic mode . Now the big round knob - turn it one click til it displays t02 and hit START/PAUSE button- at this point it will display any error codes Make note of these error codes . Now turn KNOB until you get display to show t11 and hit the START/PAUSE button - this is test for low speed and high speed spin - display shows rpm Pump runs displays 0 then wash basket ramps to 400 rpm Press start/pause again to ramp to 1000 rpm ( May displayy 999 or0 for 1000) then motor is unpowered ,displays 0, pump runs againand returns to t11. See if it pass theis test . Now get out of diagnostics mode - Press signal button, press delay start butyton, press signal button again, press delay start button again. ( note - attempting to exit service mode by disconnecting the power will result in a locked washer )

Hello Tom:

I have begun and the error codes are: E23, E30, E31. However when I turn the knob, I can't get it to t11. Now what?

Hoagie ,

Sounds like you have a drain problem. Remove the front panel ( 2 or 3 screws at bottom) right in middle remove the round fitting and clean out this trap and tryu washer again. these washers are programmed to not spin if Any water remains in them to prevent damage to machine because they spin so fast.

Tom Goellner, Home Appliance Technician
Tom Goellner, Home Appliance Technician