Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a 20 yr old Maytag dryer, model LDE 210. I is squeling

Customer Question

I have a 20 yr old Maytag dryer, model LDE 210. I is squeling like mad, sounds like a belt noise. How can I determine what the problem is?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 years ago.

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com. There are only a couple things that will squeak on this machine, the rollers and the idler. I am placing my money on the rollers. I would recommend replacing them at 20 years old, but you could certainly try lubing them. You will need to remove the front panel to access the interior of this machine and get to the squeakers! There are two phillips screws on the lower part of the front panel where it bevels. Once removed, pull the bottom out and the top will pull down. You will see the rest from there. the part numbers of those rollers are 12001541 and are available at www.myapplianceparts.com or from your local parts dealer.