Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My bosch dishwasher stopped mid cycle and now wont power on

My bosch dishwasher stopped mid...
My bosch dishwasher stopped mid cycle and now won't power on if the door is closed
10/2/2008
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com. So, will the dishwasher power on if the door is open? If not, I suspect that you may have a poor connection where the cord connects. That is a very common problem as it is a difficult area to work in with limited space and is easy to overlook a poor connection when installing. Let me know what you see...

the model # XXXXX XXXXX
The panel on the front will power on if the door is open. If the door closes, it loses power.
Something has gone haywire with the door switch assembly, like maybe a shorting or pinched wire. There could also be a broken wire that pulls apart when the door is closed then goes together when the tension is released upon door opening. This may be a real bugger to trace down. Do you have an ohmmeter?
yes, I have an ohm meter
You will need to look for an open wire from the board through the door switch ass'y and see where you are losing the power. Do you know how to get into the control panel of this machine?
no, I don't know how to get to the control panel
Okay, you will need to remove all of the T15 Torx screws from the inner panel. There are two also in the side of the panel that secure the control panel in place. They can be hard to see and are often overlooked. Once you get all the screws removed, the front panel will pull off and then the control panel will come loose, exposing all of the wiring from the control to the bottom of the unit. This is fairly involved, so be prepared to mark and remember where and how the parts go back together, especially if you stop in the middle of the repair for parts ordering or anything.
is there a place where I can get the technical manuals for this dishwasher?
Bosch manuals are nearly impossible to acquire. I have none and have no access to any online. They allow access to their materials only to warranty authorized servicers and will not give information out. Sorry I don't have better info for you...
ok the front door panel is off. When the door is closed the power light is illuminated at a very low power. Where is a possible point of failure?
Sounds like a wire is partially broken or grounding out. I would start the search at the bottom part of the door where the wire bundle bends around the front of the tub. Move the wires around and see if it makes any difference in the display. Move a couple of wires at a time so you can pinpoint the offending one...
Kelly, Appliance Technician
depending on the position of the door the power light illuminates bright or soft, so I think you are on to something. What is the best way to get to the panel under the tub?
Where can I get a wiring harness for this dishwasher in my area?

zip code 97210
Kelly, Appliance Technician