Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a GE ceramic cook top stove. The last three days the

I have a GE ceramic cook top stove. The last three days the fuse has blown . We hear a pop noise and then the power goes out and it is the fuse blown. Today (day 3) it was the oven that was being used. Then again we heard a pop noise ..fuse blown. The first two days it took several times to reset the fuse before it did not blow~ What is going on..Do we need to call a repair man or is it an easy fix?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 years ago.

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com. It sounds like something is shorting to ground and causing the breaker to trip. I would inspect the terminal block where the cord connects to first. If all those connections look good, which I doubt they will, we can check some other things. This is usually a problem caused by loose connections at the power cord and is easily repaired. Let me know what you see...