The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances
3079445

I have to change the water level switch on a Kenmore series

I have to change the water level switch on a Kenmore series 700 Can you tell me how to get the old one out and put the new one in

Hi Customer. Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

What is the model number of the washer?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem.

Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
one second let me get the model number. Please send back a screen so that I can sent number to you
I will respond as soon as you post the model number. Smile
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
model number 110.27731600

I have opted out of this question since I have no information on model 110.27731600 in my database. By opting out this prompts other experts to reply if they have the answer for you. Hopefully another expert will respond soon.

Regards,

Edward

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
did you receive the model number?
Yes, I have opted out of this question since I have no information on model 110.27731600 in my database. By opting out this prompts other experts to reply if they have the answer for you. Hopefully another expert will respond soon.

Regards,

Edward
Customer: replied 9 years ago.

Ed

This is the part number, maybe this will help.

XXX-XXX-XXXX843

Thanks for your help

Hi Customer;

On either side of your control panel in the front are two screws. They may be under plastic trim pieces. These simply lift up and the screws are under there.

Remove the screws and the consol tilts up.

The pressure switch is under there. Just undo the hose, wires and the mounting bracket to replace it.

Best regards, XXXXX XXXXX Smithy

Customer: replied 9 years ago.

Home Smithy

Pardon my ignorance but here goes. I got the console to tilt up, I removed the hose and wire harness from the fill level control. My problem is how to get the knob out of the console itself. Is the mounting bracket the long black metal piece that is attached with a couple of srews to the console itself

yup that it is. The knob just pulls off. Use a butter knife to get under it and pry it up a bit till you can get hold of it.

Let me know if you have any problems.

Best regards, XXXXX XXXXX Smithy

Experience: 30 years repairing appliances