Ask Accurate Appliance Service Your Own Q...
Accurate Appliance Service
Accurate Appliance Service, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  5 Years in business, Authorized Service Company for 3 manufacturers, NATE Cert. for HVAC
12391992

re a twin thin stacked Whrilpool washer/dryer - washer portion

re: a twin thin stacked Whrilpool washer/dryer - washer portion model LT50000XVWO   Seriel   MX3304667. The washer would not drain so I installed new pump assembly. Still won't drain so I removed drain hose from back. I found a ball of lint and what I think is a white plastic 3/4" diameter flow limiter. Should I re-install this white plastic devise which came out of the rubber drain pipe which is attached to the end drain pipe?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Accurate Appliance Service replied 8 years ago.
No, there is no flow limiter. That is what your problem was, this washer has a very powerful pump which should blast out almost any lint ball if the waste could flow properly.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

I am wondering how this plastic device could have gotten into the line. The device looks like the cap to a chapstick tube, but with a small hole in the center top of the cap portion. Is there any way it could have come out of the wash and gone through the pump and gotten stuck in the hose? If not, how this plastic thing get into the line?

Any ideas?