John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

my ffp187b roughly 2 years old started ticking last night,

my ffp187b roughly 2 years old started ticking last night, the ticking was faster when the fridge door was closed than when it was open, the light was not on, the ticking stopped and the unit does not appear to be cooling at all neither the fridge or the freezer
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 9 years ago.
hi thanks for the question you said the light is off is the power at the fridge check that .please
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
yes the power is on to the fridge, however when i unplugged to check the fuse (which was ok) and plugged it back in and turned on the power, low and behold it started working again so I dont know what happened, I must have inadvertantly reset something or other.

regards
Expert:  John replied 9 years ago.
hi .you could have a problem with the relay, on the compressor. sometimes ,if let to cool. it will come on thanks the appliance doc