Michael
Michael, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  7 Years Appliance & TV repair, 4 years RADAR repair.
11676743

Kenmore Electric Built in Oven Model NO#790.4717 Door is

Customer Question

Kenmore Electric Built in Oven Model NO#790.4717   Door is Locked and will not Unlock.      LOC Displayed in window.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Michael replied 9 years ago.
Well the first thing you want to do is turn off the power to the unit for 10 seconds and then return power. This will force the door lock motor to go through a cycle and be left in the unlocked state.

If that doesn't work then you have a hardware failure, most likely the motor is bad.

To open it I usually take a spool of wire and get about a foot of wire and slip it in the door in a loop, put it around the door lock hook and pull over, it should be unlockable.

If not then drastic measure will have to be taken, pulling the oven out and accessing the lock system from the rear of the oven (may have no choice).

I would suggest calling for service if you cannot get it open with the wire, pulling an oven out is not easy unless you have an oven dolly ($200).

Hope that helps!

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
DOOR DID NOT UNLOCK AFTER REMOVING POWER I HAD ALL READY TRIED THAT SOLUTION. I AM A LICENSED ELECTRICIAN;

PH; XXX-XXX-XXXX XXXXX XXXXX
Expert:  Michael replied 9 years ago.
OK well try my other suggestions and see if they work out Smile