Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

What does F3 mean on my GE microwave oven Model# XXXXX

Customer Question
What does F3 mean on...
What does F3 mean on my GE microwave oven?Model# XXXXX Do I need to get a new microwave, and the tec on the phone wants to charge me more then the micro to come out and fix it.No buttons on the micro work and F3 flashes in the space above the buttons where time,etc. show. The machine beeps.
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Appliance
9/20/2008
Appliance Technician: Michael L....JA Appliance Repairman, 15 Years as Maintenance Technician replied 9 years ago
Michael L....JA Appliance Repairman
Michael L....JA Appliance Repairman, 15 Years as Maintenance Technician

Hi and Welcome to Just Answer,
Ok, let's take a look at this;

That is a error code for a bad keypad, unfortunately I can't find a part for you, so I think it will be cheaper to replace the microwave

If you need more help Let me know

Have another Question?

I am also an Expert in the following areas, please feel free to bookmark them all, then simply return to the proper profile and ask me another question;

Appliances.... Michael L....JA Appliance Repairman

Computer... Michael L Top Notch Computer Expert

Entertainment... Michael L..JA Entertainment Tonight

General Questions... Michael L...JA General Topic Expert

Home Improvement... Michael L...........JA Construction

Homework... Michael L.....JA Classroom Help 101

Plumbing... Michael L.......JA Plumbing Repair

Remember to type somewhere in the question, this is for Michael L.

If you find this post helpful please take a few minutes to leave Feedback.

By you leaving Positive Feedback you give your Expert additional opportunities to earn extra CASH and Recognition.

If you would like to give a Bonus they are always welcome.

If there is anything else let me know, If not click accept. Thank You Michael L.

Michael L....JA Appliance Repairman

hello

I am here...

did you get me question

I got the first one on the keypad problem that you accepted, did you need more help

yes i haven't gotten my question answer. What does F3 mean on my GE microwave oven?Model# XXXXX Do i need to replace it?

I will post the answer again from above

F3 error code means the keypad failed.

There is no replacement part.

So in my opionion it would be best to replace the microwave then to have it repaired.

Michael L....JA Appliance Repairman
Michael L....JA Appliance Repairman