Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a kenmore upright freezer model number 253.29082993

Customer Question
Serial number WB03924980. The...
I have a kenmore upright freezer model number 253.29082993 Serial number WB03924980. The almarm keeps going off and unless something is frozen it will not freeze the item. Like bread, We have lots of frozen meat in the freezer and it is still frozen. This has been and been going on for several weeks. Any suggestions or helps would be appreciated.
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Appliance
9/19/2008
Appliance Technician: Bryan, Home Appliance Technician replied 9 years ago
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
sounds like your compressor is not starting all the time. this will get worse over time , do you here any clicking or buzzing in the rear of freezer? if you do you may need a compressor relay. I'll check model and get back to you, thanks Bryan
ok do you have a volt meter? you may need one, first off do you here the fan running in freezer?second remove some of the food toward the bottom and see if there is frost on back panel. let me know Bryan

i removed bottom drawer and there was frost at the very bottom or icetoward the very back where the sealing (white band) had broke. But the meat was all the way towards that back area and covering the area where i can see the frozen water or frost. I have the freezer turned all the way up. I do hear it running but I can turn the alarm off but within a couple of hours it comes back on. There was frozen water type at the bottom of the freezer (when I pulled the drawer out but i think it has been there awhile.

Thanks

it sounds like you have a defrost problem.do you have a place to put food while you manually defrost it? once you get it defrosted you have to find the problem. let me know Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician