How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Bryan Your Own Question
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 12156
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Bryan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi, I have an older Maytag Jetclean dishwasher Model WU404

This answer was rated:

Hi, I have an older Maytag Jetclean dishwasher Model WU404 Series 01. I was trying (for the first time) to put some rinsing agent in and thought the compartment would be on the door (no owner's manual). I saw two little round flat plastic caps on the door and proceeded to pry one of them off. It had a rubber gasket underneath and a hole on the inside of the door, but no compartment. Looks like the cap and its rubber gasket were glued on there. The inside of the cap has threading that doesn't really fit or go anywhere. How can I close the hole back up (what kind of glue? non-toxic...) and where is the compartment for the rinse agent (which you're only supposed to fill once a month)? Thanks.
let me see if your model # XXXXX up, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Do you need more info from me?


i'm sorry . got tied up working today , no I dont need more info just time. I have to run dinner down the street to my mother and when I get back I'll get right on this thanks for your understanding in advance. be back with you soon. Bryan
Part 737938this is all I can find on your rinse aid asm. the little white screw cap near top of picture is where you pour rinse aid in. there are 295 parts to this machine and allot are no longer available but this asm. is still available if yours doesn't work or something is missing like the cap , hope this helps and thanks for your patients . Bryan
I think you need to replace this asm. click here to see all the parts available for you d/w thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Thanks for your help, but I still can't find where that part might go...
you have to remove door panel its inside door. I cant get any diagrams to show you but thats where it is. if I remember you take outside part of door off and then you will see asm. thats all I can do accept give you this info, this guy can probably e.mail you diagrams. plus he may have the part you need. thanks Bryan
Bryan and other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Thanks very much for your help, Bryan.
anytime. thanks Bryan