How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Bryan Your Own Question
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 12156
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Bryan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

need to replace burner in ge profile oven, free standing, model

This answer was rated:

need to replace burner in ge profile oven, free standing, model jb940, but cannot figure out how to lift cook top
can you give me full model #? some of these have clips about 2-3 inches in from side and you just push them in and lift top up. this is an electric oven right ? cant bring up model there should be more #s, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
model is JB940WB1WW and is electric oven. have not yet seen clips that would push in. would they be on front lip, or sides?
ok this is a ceramic top , there should be screws underneath the front near where the top of door meets oven top. take these screws out and lift top up. be careful these are hard burners to replace sometimes. you will probably have to take two down just to put one in be careful not to damage good one , you may not have to take two down on this model. heres a picture of your top. hope this helps thanks Bryan
Bryan and 2 other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Bingo, that was the missing clue. Thanks for your help!
your very welcome , glad to help, if you get a minute please leave feedback if you can . thanks again Bryan