How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Bryan Your Own Question
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 12156
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Bryan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a Jenn Air Refrig Model JCD2389GEW. The icemaker stopped

This answer was rated:

I have a Jenn Air Refrig Model JCD2389GEW. The icemaker stopped working a couple of years ago and now the Icemaker Control Module and Assembly is making a noise. The question is: 1. Can I replace this module and (likely) fix the noise and problem and 2. Where is a good place to get the part?
yes you can, if you take white cover off front of ice maker check the middle gear and the two pieces holding it on the module and see if one of the two fingers in center of gear is broken this happens allot there plastic. If you want a new module call appliance parts center at 1-800-540-0800 and they will send it out same day and are the cheapest I've found. there hours are 9-6pm m-f and 9-1pm sat. eastern time,these guys are great hope this helps Bryan
Bryan and other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you