The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances
3079445

My heating element burnt out. I replace the element and now

Customer Question

My heating element burnt out. I replace the element and now when the range is set on bake the oven heats very slowly to a high temp of 210 degrees
Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 9 years ago.

HiCustomer

What is the make and model number of your unit, please?

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
the make is a Maytag and the model number is XXXXX
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
That is correct. I left the oven on and after quite a long time the temp reached 250

Ok what you need to do is follow the testing proceedures on page 19 of the service manual. Run these tests and let me know what you come up with.

I have uploaded the manual to a free server for your retrieval.
Please click here to go to the files download page.
Once you are there click on the free button to the lower left of the page. This will begin a timer that you will have to wait for to count down to zero (usually 30 seconds).
Once it has finished you will be shown a download icon to click on and the download will begin.
Save the file to your desk top folder so it is easy to find.
You will need a .pdf reader to open the file. I recommend FoxIt reader rather than Adobe Reader. Both are free for personal non commercial use.
If there is something in the manual that you do not understand, please let me know and I will walk you through the proceedure, or explain it in terms you can understand.

If this answer satisfies your question please click the accept button. I will not be paid if you dont.

You can always ask follow up questions after you accept. I will be here to answer them.

If for some reason you are not happy. Please tell me before you accept.

Feedback is how we make sure we provide the best answers avilable.
Please click on the "Leave Feedback" link after you have accepted. A simple "good job" is all it takes.
If you feel that I am deserving, a bonus is always appreciated.

Best regards, XXXXX XXXXX Smithy

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
I have looked through the manual but there are no references to why the oven heats up very slowly and the temperature does not rise out of the 200's range

Yes I am aware of that. What you need to do is run the complete set of tests as outlined on page 19. Check that each test performs as it is supposed to. If you find any that do not then refrence the appropriate page in the disassembly pages further on in the manual.

Thank you for the accept.

Best, XXXXX XXXXX Smithy

You can continue to ask follow up questions if you like.