Tech Michael
Tech Michael, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ years exp. repairing all types of home appliances, Computer repair
11519491

I have a RLA34 fridge which is not showing a green OK on the

I have a Hotpoint RLA34 fridge which is not showing a green OK on the tempreature indicator,I have adjusted the control both up for colder and down for warmer. On the colder end of the adjustment te fridge cools but the indicator does not show green, if I turn the control down, the motor continues to run all the time. Any advice you can give would be appreciated
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
Expert:  Tech Michael replied 9 years ago.

Are you saying that the Compressor runs all the time when you turn it down(colder)?
It may be just the green Led is burned out also, please let me know so I can better assist you, thanks.
-Mike
Customer: replied 9 years ago.

Hi there,

Thanks for your response regards XXXXX XXXXX yes I am saying that the compressor runs all the time even if I turn the tempreture down (colder).

I think that the fridge may require re-gassing, if this is the case is it worthwhile or should I purchase a new fridge?

Regards.

Compass 482

Ok,
It does sound like your unit is running out of freon.
BUT, that being the case, before you can re gas it, you need to have it leak tested to find the leak. Freon never goes bad, but if it is low on gas, then it will only leak out again in anywhere from a day to, a few months.
If it were me? I would discard the unit and purchase a new one.
Hope this helps.