How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Glenn Your Own Question
Glenn, Mechanic
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 2311
Experience:  over 30 years as a maintenance technician I have repaired many an Appliance I am also an electrician
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Glenn is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We just bought a French Door Refrigerator--Model PFSS5NJXSS.

Customer Question

We just bought a French Door Refrigerator--Model: PFSS5NJXSS. The refrigerator which this new one is replacing did not have an icemaker or a water dispenser, but the copper tubin is still in place behind the fridge--unattached. I believe I have located the valve, under the kitchen sink cabinet whichh is supplying the water feed to the copper tube. This supply has a valve which is now off. I'm not sure if the other end, behind the fridge is just crimped off, or welded shut. I would like to be able to attach and turn on the water supply to the fridge myself, without hiring a plumber, as it seems that most of the hard work has been done. How do I proceed? What exactly is involved in connecting the copper piping to the fridge.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Glenn replied 8 years ago.

You can go to any home improvement store and get a simple easy to use install kit
These are very to use and comre with simple instructions