Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Whirlpool GS395LEHS5 gas range / oven / 4 burner cooktop

Stove: when I 'set temp' and then press 'start' I hear a slight/dull click (once) and nothing happens (the burner does not light). no gas smell. All four stove top burners do light. I replaced the wire lead from the control board to the over burner igniter to no avail.

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com. I suspect your ignitor has gone out. This unit uses an ignitor like the one pictured below, which comes complete with the burner tube. The part number is(NNN) NNN-NNNNand is available at www.myapplianceparts.com or from your local parts retailer. The other diagram gives a breakdown of the range and the ignitor ass'y is part # XXXXX in that diagram.

Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=

Customer: replied 9 years ago.

How can I test it so I know that is the problem before spending the $65 for that part.

Do you have a clamp on amp meter? That ignitor should pull atleast 3 amps, at minimum to open the gas valve. If you don't have a clamp meter, you can check for voltage to the ignitor with a voltmeter.