Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Kenmore 80 Series Dryer Vibrates in waves, inadvertantly turned

Kenmore 80 Series Dryer Vibrates in waves, inadvertantly turned clock backwards. Is this the cause?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 9 years ago.
this shouldnt cause machine to vibrate, what do you mean by waves. what kind of vibration is this , more of a rattle or shaking? let me know Bryan
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
The machine vibrates with intensity of vibration varying with a frequency of about two or three seconds
Expert:  Bryan replied 9 years ago.
you may have lint in your blower causing thisor maybe even a broken blower. do you have tools and think you can take this appart? let me know Bryan
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
I have tools. There is no lint on the catcher. Where is the blower?
Expert:  Bryan replied 9 years ago.
the blower is in the back on this i believe . if you get me model # XXXXX can look up diagrams and tell you what to do. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
The wave peaks are about every 4 seconds and vary in intensity shaking the whole machine perhaps every 5 waves. It is model No. 110 C64852300 I have user instructions.
Expert:  Bryan replied 9 years ago.
give me a liitle while to look up model and I'll be back thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
I moved the machine out of its corner , the vent pipe came loose and the vibration seemed to stop. So I reconnected and pushed it back. It was vibration free for awhile, then it gradually started again. Perhaps as you say,it is the blower.
Expert:  Bryan replied 9 years ago.
maybe did you try running it with no clothes and disconected from pipe and see if it stops ? it may be pipe vibrating. let me know Bryan
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
I have been testing with no clothes and, as I say, when the pipe was disconnected the vibration seemed to stop. The pipe is the flexible variety and is jammed against the wall with a pad so that, is not what is vibrating. It is the whole machine that vibrates. I wonder if it could be the belt that turns the drum.
Expert:  Bryan replied 9 years ago.
well I have to step out for a bit, when I get back we'll check things in about an hour. thanks Bryan