Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I broke a piece off my door handle that opens the pecker

Customer Question

I broke a piece off my door handle that opens the "pecker" catch on my Samsung B1245S washing machine. Do I need just to replace the door handle, and is this easy to do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 years ago.

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com. The model number you give is not coming up. Can you please check the model number again, directly from the washer, and post that please. I will be able to help you find the part you need.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Hi, the model number is XXXXX (Samsung B1245S in the UK), and I can buy the handle myself from the internet with no problems. (Just type Samsung B1245S and search, and it comes with loadsof sites.)

I just need to know are the handles easy to replace and fit, or would I need a service engineer to fit it. ( ie if someone like yourselves could instruct me how to fit the replacement handle).

Expert:  Kelly replied 8 years ago.

Sorry, UK models I have no experience with. However, I have replaced the nandles on US versions with no trouble. There are a series of screws around the inner panel of the door that come out to give you access to the handle screws....if they are the same.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Oh, are you in the USA? Didn't know that.

I will have a look at the washing machine door when I get home, and I will get back to you asap, if it is similiar. Thanks

Expert:  Kelly replied 8 years ago.

Yes, I am in Billings, Montana! Cowboy territory...Smile

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Hi, checked my dor and no screws.

I must admit I didn't realise when registering, that Just Answer was American, otherwise I wouldn't have signed up.

Never mind.

Thanks for your help, I will call an engineer out to fix it.

Expert:  Kelly replied 8 years ago.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX not having an answer for you...